Get Started - Instructions
Sheet Music Score provides 100% digital, downloadable sheet music. We have over 65,000 exclusive titles and hundreds are added weekly. Here you'll find all your favorite songs from your favorite artists. We have everything from the very latest chart-topping hits to the greatest standards. Sheet music is available for all instruments and all ability levels, so no matter what you play or what your proficiency level, Sheet Music Score has something for you!
- To begin, you will need download and install the free Scorch browser plug-in. Scorch is made by Sibelius (Avid) a world renowned music software maker. With this software installed you will be able to view, play, transpose, change instruments and of course print sheet music scores and Tab.
*Note - Some files can not be transposed such as Real Book, and certain pieces where the author seeks to protect the itegrity of the music. Most files however can be be transposed using the software. Basically if you can transpose on the free preview then you can do it on the purchased file.
Scorch installs easily on most popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox click here to begin download!
For all other browsers
click here for instructions
For Windows 7 users with 64 bit systems, you will need to use a 32 bit browser.
On 64 bit Windows PC systems, there are usually two shortcuts, enabling you to run your browser in 32 bit mode. In order to use Scorch, you must use the 32 bit shortcut. Another option is to use Chrome which is 32 bit by default.
If you are experiencing issues viewing music on Windows 7 via Internet Explorer you might find the reason is because your browser is running in 64-bit mode.
To resolve this you will need to access Internet Explorer 32-bit from you start menu. To do this click "Start" then "All Programs". As shown below you will see two Internet Explorer icons present - please use the icon that does not display "64-bit mode" next to it and you will be able to access your account and print the sheet music.
If you have Windows 7 or XP with the SP2/3 upgrade or Windows Vista, you will have to follow these special directions to allow the installation as well. Other browsers like FireFox, Mozilla, Netscape etc. will have to manually download and place the file in that browsers plug-in directory.
- When you have found the music you want, you may preview the first page of the sheet to see how it will look. This is the time to check the version / arrangement and format. If you wish to purchase the music, click the Add to Shopping Cart link.
Note: Any instrument changes or transposing you do to the preview page does not carry over to your purchase. This of what you do with a free preview as practice. Once you purchase the music you will then be able to change key, instrument to the purchased file in the download center prior to printing.
- If you have never purchased from Sheet Music Score, you will be required to set up a new account. Your account information contains your personal billing details which are private to you through the use of a password that you select. Your account also keeps track of your order history for which you can log in and access at any time to view all the music you have ever purchased from us, and print out those scores you have not yet printed.
- Once you have purchased a sheet it will be waiting for you in the Download Center (see image below)
With scorch installed, you will now be able to change instruments or transpose the purchased sheet in the download center before you print it. Make sure that you can see the change has taken place before printing on the purchased file. Remember, what you do to a free sample preview does not transfer to download center.
Make sure you click the correct print icon on the viewer itself. If you use CTRL+P or the regular browser print function ('File' > 'Print') it will print the webpage itself but not the music in the viewer window. To print the music, you need to click on the printer icon on the Scorch toolbar - that's the row of buttons directly above the music itself. The printer icon is just to the left of the small 'flame' icon
If you can not view the music sheet in your browser window. that means your scorch is not installed properly. Try reinstalling and if that doesn't work contact us via the Customer Service tab or reply to the email receipt and give us any error messages you've encountered along with your operating system and browser name and version.
If you click print and for whatever reason the music does not print or the quality is not where it should be, do not purchase again. Contact us by following the printer problem link at the top right of the actual print page. That will lead you to a place to apply for a reset from our customer support staff. You can also contact our email support staff but it's not as fast. If you do re-order it will be charged to your credit card and we can not refund for a completed transaction once it shows it has been completed. However we can offer a courtesy reset for a wide variety of issues. Remember, we are also charged by the publisher for each print / completed transaction. If you encounter problems during printing always contact us for a courtesy reset by following the printer problems link for advice or just to apply for a reset.
- Only one sucessful print is allowed per purchase as per copyright agreement with the publishers. When buying a score you are not permitted to print more copies than you have paid for. To purchase any number of copies, find the song / score again and then once again add to cart, then change the quantities value and then click the Save Changes button. Then print.
The file remains in your download center which you can both view and follow along using the midi sound feature. You can also create file folders to keep your music organized. The best part is you can access your download center using any computer or device that has an internet connection.
- We hope you enjoy the music!